Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So many Super Hero Tees, so little sizes

Hello Fellow Geeks,

Now I don’t know about you but im a pretty big guy. I wear a 3XL and finding shirts my size is hard and costly if you do find it. I went to Think Geek today pretty cool site you should check it out when you get a chance http://www.thinkgeek.com/, anyway I saw a new tee shirt I wanted to get for the Iron Man Movie http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/popculture/db53/ nice Iron Man 2 Arc Reactor Shirt and I was about to place an order until……. yes max size is 2XL. So I started to do a search for the same shirt and notice there is not a lot of places or sites that carry super hero shirts 3XL plus sizes. I went to this site that said 3XL super hero tees so I started checking again and I notice 2 out of the 22 shirts have a 3XL size and 20 didn’t have any at all( Not out of stock they never even made a 3XL shirt at all). The 2 shirts of Ironman didn’t even have a good graphic on it. How are we supposed to support our geekness if the big wig companies won’t support us by providing more variety of sizes? I understand that it’s more cloth to cut and hence the bigger price but I’m willing to pay a few more dollars so I can rock out with my shirt out representing what I love from super heroes to acronyms. A couple of months ago when God of War 3 came out, I went looking for a 3XL tee on the Little Big Plane Version of Kratos in Red, but again same dilemma not my size but I did find it in black and in a 3XL from this website called Hottopic (http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Homepage.jsp) nice place and they had it. As of now from what I see they ran out pretty fast because the 3XL size is no longer available. Well here is my two cents and whoever is out there feeling the same pain as I do I just want to let you know I with you (A tear falling from my cheek) LOL, until next time geeks.

No comments: