Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Batman Earth One Not the story Batman Needs but the story Batman Deserves..

The DC universe has gone through some big changes in the last year and a half. First there was the release of the New 52 revamping a large portion of the DC universe. Then there was the release of Earth 2 this is another new world to their 52 in which the Green Lantern is happily married to his partner good for you DC. Even before the New 52 took effect they released the Earth One graphic novels these are stories sort of retelling iconic characters the first book was written as a Superman story which was pretty god but ended much like any superman movie.

Fast forward 2 year and today is the release of Earth One Batman. I am not sure if you guys know this about me but I am a Batman connoisseur I know everything and anything Batman and on my list of Batman stories that you have to read this has found a place on that list along with greats such as Hush,Killing Joke, Death in the Family, Arkham Asylum, and the Nolan Batman.

First let me talk about the story I am not going to say much because I want you to purchase this but the books starts like any good Batman comic him doing something stupid or courageous and then messing up. From there they flash back to tell the origin of why he went from happy go lucky kid to angry beatem up vigilante. My favorite thing about this book is that Batman is still new to the crime fighting world as this book is being depicted. Geoff Johns is a great writer I am not saying he is the quintessential write for Batman but he does put on a great show. The art in the book is again great much like anything that Johns may have his hands in and it is very not worthy to the Batman cause.

Some will say that the Batman story doesnt need another retelling but what I have to say to that is this is the story that DC doesnt need but it is totally the story that Batman deserves. 

No comments: