Thursday, February 16, 2012

Best Marvel Comic (ongoing) today.

I must start off by apologizing. I am sorry.

I was going to go into why Invincible Iron Man is the best Marvel comic going on today but someone else beat me to it. Check out this article.
(http://www.newsarama.com/comics/best-shots-extra-invincible-iron-man-120215.html)
I know its supposed to only be about the latest issue, number 513. The thing is that it sums up my thoughts on the book really well. So there's no point in me rehashing what he's already said. Well done George Marston, well done.

I usually buy and read it in tradepaperback form. If the price for the single issues was lower I would consider buying those instead. But their not so I'll just keep getting the trades.

So I'll just go onto the next best book, Captain America by Ed Brubaker. No big explanations why just understand that it's a great story that Brubaker has been weaving for years. If it had not split into two different books, Captain America and Captain America and Bucky. There might be a case for it being Marvels best monthly comic. I think it would still be second just because of inconsistent artists at some spots. But still Brubaker does a great job and will do so on Winter Soldier.

After that maybe Thor will start to be in the running for best Marvel book. All of the other books Marvel puts out are not worth buying. That's just my view on that subject. Not just on overpricing alone but also quality and consistency. Until next time.

No comments: