Wednesday, October 19, 2011

NYCC it came it stayed and it pretty much kicked ass.

This year was the 6th consecutive New York Comic Con but much like last year it again was a convention that was split into 2. Along with NYCC again was animefest and again I have to admit that this year has gotten so much better everything was well organized and the show room floor was alot nicer to look at.

The NYCC this year had a lot to celebrate with movies like The Avengers and DC revamping all their current books the show room floor was busy with lines for signings and for free swag.

So lets start with the bigger news form the comic con they toys well maybe that is not the bigger news for you but for me it is lol.. There were plenty of companies repping new toys this year but I have to say the biggest were play arts and Hasbro and Mattel. Besure to check out my posts on Mimobot and Mattle and Play arts. They will be sure to tickle you fancy especially if you are like me a big fan of these companies..

Hasbro showed their new additions to their Marvel Universe Line I am sorry to say I want able to get  alot pics of their new figures but I have some that were in their huge diorama. They are featured below. 

 (Above) It looks almost identical to the diorama that was at SDCC 2011 with a few differences here and there but again it was a great set up and I wish I could do the same thing with my figures but I am proud to say I am a mint in box kinda guy lol..

In the pic featured below it is scarlet spiderman and spiderman fighting the lizard and Dr. Octopus.this is the corner of the picture that is not featured in the picture above.
Also making a return to NYCC this year are the artists and writers that make the comic industry a very special place artists like Tim Sale, Geoff Johns and Writers like Robert Kirkman (the one man that one of my writers doesnt like but he will not be named lol)
 Above:Robert Kirkman
Below: Tim Sale
Also celebrating At NYCC the  launch of the The NEW 52 Line of DC was Jim Lee and Geoff Johns they were there signing books and drawing personal sketches for those who asked.. 

All in all NYCC was great this year but stay tuned for our other posts and new from 2011 NYCC..

Until Next Time Geeks..

No comments: